WinScan or WinISI gives a message the "Error FileIO Index = -1" when trying to access any file.
CAUSE: The ISI.INI file has become corrupt.
VERSION AFFECTED: all WinScan and WinISI programs.
SOLUTION: Please do the following:
!!If you are not comfortable moving files in Windows Explore, please conact your FOSS product specialist.!!
1) Locate the ISI.INI file in the Windows directory. This could be Windows or WinNT.
2) Rename the file ISI.INI to ISI_OLD.INI.
3) Make a backup of the entire c:\winisi or c:\winscan directory to a safe spot on the hard drive.
4) Uninstall WinISI from the Control Panel.
5) Delete the C:\WinISI directory.
6) Reinstall WinISI.
7) Start WinISI. If you are able to open files with no error, proceed to 8) below.
8) If you have any files or directories in the old WinISI directory, copy the entire contents of the WinISI backup directory to the new c:\winisi directory.
You will need to recreate your projects by selecting New Project and filling out the dialogs.
The WinISI or WinScan softare should now function correctly.