Please see the important settings below before using WinISI 4.10 on Windows 10
WinISI 4.10 introduces new user access requirement for installation and routine operation. Please review each production before installing the software.
• User Account(UAC) must be turned OFF.
• Windows User must belong to the administrator group.
• WinISI shortcut on the Windows Desktop must be run as administrator:
Right-click shortcut and select ‘Run as administrator’
Right-click shortcut, select Properties, select Advanced, place checkmark in ‘Run as administrator’, click OK, click OK for a more permanent workaround.
If WinISI is not run as administrator, errors regarding not being able to e.g. create output files or open files will appear. If copying/pasting files into the Project Manager, an unhandled crash will occur.
• Network drives mapped by a script are most likely not accessible from within WinISI. Network drives must be mapped manually or you must configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and then right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
3. Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type Enable Linked Connections, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click Enable Linked Connections, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then reboot the computer. Network drives are now accessible in WinISI.
Visit https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee844140(v=ws.10).aspx for more information.
* Disclaimer: Do not use a registry editor to edit the registry directly unless you have no alternative. The registry editors bypass the standard safeguards provided by administrative tools. These safeguards prevent you from entering conflicting settings or settings